Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Moving Houses Wiki

Wikis are a fantastic tool for teaching and learning. If we had more wikis like the Deakin University icebreaker scheme there would be less need for everyone to move houses. One reason I'm moving is because I'm located so far from Melbourne Uni, and those of my fellow students who have tried the online learning programs have been grateful in the end to talk to real people! In spite of commuting from Bendigo, Ballarat, or Geelong (or East Gippsland). I'm convinced that wikis are the way of the future for education. Incidentally, I found out why I couldn't upload any photos. My computer firewall has blocked all my photos. Somehow I stumbled on this fact while trying to create any kind of a photo blog page. So I will have to confess dismay on all things photographic and hope to make up for it with my personal charm. Meanwhile, my house move has three weeks to go. I now begin to compile a change of address list of over 100 items. And a postal vote, at the new address, since the election is the day after I move. I think a moving house wiki would be a real benefaction.

No comments: