Thursday, November 15, 2007

Moving from UK to Canada

The podcast journey was enlightening. I searched on podcast.net and very quickly got turned off anything church related because the American religious right has a truly frightening presence on the Web. From sheer numbers and tech literacy the rest of us are going to have to learn about 2.0 and get a more moderate position out quickly! I think a number of enterprises of society have been gravely uninformed about the speed of uptake and importance of these new internet styles, and that's why I'm taking this course even though I have a lot to do moving house. I searched instead for Canada, and got a podcast on 'Economics and Social Justice' from CBC radio. When I tried to put the URL into Bloglines, it said 'no files found', so I instead did a search for feeds and got CBC radio feeds. I was so pleased to see the series there: The Best of Ideas. When I added the feed to my feeds list, I was thrilled to discover that at the same time I could get rid of the BBC news feed which by now has accumulated 200 unread items. I feel so much less guilty!

No comments: