Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Happy House: Applause

Well, I never would've believed I could finish all the exercises, EVEN the online image generator, which gave me a box of choclates (below) with a little help from Image Chef. Some of these features are really cool and great for me --del.icio.us and librarything, for example. And I even got to Ancient Rome on Rollyo and found out how useful it could be to have all the searches in one place. I've got really good at blogging! And if I ever need to post a video to YouTube, to show you my dog running around the yard at my new house, I'm sure I can find out how. With other things, wikis, online word processing, rss feeds, podcasts and ebook downloads, I see the educational system changing faster day by day. Research will be a new experience. Libraries will have to change with 2.0, and we all need constant updating (monuments as we are) or constant playing with the marvels of the internet, to keep running in the same place. It's true that Flickr and I did'nt see eye to eye: I found out my computer needs broadband and in my new house I'll have a whole new connection to the internet. Thank you, State Library, for making Learning 2.0 available to us. You know one of the most fun things? Was telling a colleague at work about librarything and watching his eyes light up. A lot of people didn't take this course because they were too busy. Well, I was too busy moving house, but I've done it anyway! Sorry, have to go pack some boxes now...

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hello santasho,

I hope that the whole experience of moving house was not too unsettling. Congratulations on finishing the programme and the tenacity that you have shown all along whilst skipping merrily from module to module. I hope that you had the occasional moments of fun along the way.

Cheers, Paul.