Thursday, November 15, 2007

YouTube in the box: Mighty Mouse

I moved ahead to YouTube before my computer gets put into a box and transported somewhere else. Because I have a dial-up connection, I thought I should try something simple instead of a movie, so I searched for 'cartoons'. Some of the most popular cartoons seemed to be 'Banned Cartoons' -- one of these had 163,637 hits --- which gives us all a hint about instant popularity in the library. I remember when the book 'Little Black Sambo' was banned from the San Francisco Public Library, and now here it is featured as a banned video on YouTube. (So you can watch it, after all). Mighty Mouse: Wolf! Wolf! was the only public domain cartoon the poster could find. (Is poster? right?) And it attracted vivid comment from the spectators who all had an opinion. Example: "Mighty Mouse's costume looks pink here. That's not the way it was. It was yellow and red'. (It does look pink). Maybe I should get out my clunky analogue video camera and film my moving house day. A vertical house might look good on YouTube.

No comments: